Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Review: The Occultist #3

occ3
Probably, no.. I am quite sure that this is my favorite from this bunch of reviews!  I enjoyed this comic so much even though I cam late to the party.  I find the concept very original and exciting.  Very fresh and well done.  I get a Spider-Man/ Invincible vibe when I read this and probably, that’s one of the highest compliment I can give to a comic.  The art on this comic is awesome.  I am reminded of Phil Noto when I first looked at it. I think it complements the feel that the writer, Tim Seeley, is going for.  And speaking of which, Tim Seeley (I’m not terribly familiar with his books) is fast becoming a favorite of mine.

 

Between this and the preview of the new era of Witchblade that I've seen, I am thoroughly impressed by his work.  I also like the supporting cast, notably, Detective Melendez.  I love the romantic tension between her and the main star.  I've read one issue and I already like the way that she's been developed in the span of one comic.  I have nothing but prai--oh wait, probably, my one beef with this comic is how the Occultist kinda looks like the Super Villain, Hood from the Marvelous competition.  But besides that, I have nothing but fine praise for this book.  Worth every penny.

No comments:

Post a Comment