Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Review: Orchid #4

orch4
I am not sure if Tom Morello had any hand in the plotting or writing of this book.  If no, then this guy is really talented. Not only is he a gifted and successful musician, he also knows how to write comics.  I came into this knowing nothing about the book.  But when I was done, I can say that I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of reading it.  I love stories set in a dystopia, and this comic made very good use of that.

This issue is rather villain centric too as more than half of it deals with the origin of the ultra creepy villain called Don Barabas. 

Who doesn’t like it when you kill an animal... any animal no matter how insignificant.  The book does not shy away from being gory… and in my opinion; I believe that even helps move the story forward.  The art by Scott Hepburn I think, would draw comparisons to Erik Larsen and or Eric Canete.  That alone is worth picking this up. 
I am mostly a super hero comic kinda guy, so reading something like this from time to time is like a breath of fresh air.  And how often do comics come with a unique soundtrack eh?  So that’s another reason why this should be in your pile tomorrow when you go to your LCS!

No comments:

Post a Comment