Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Review: Green Wake #9

images-6
Kurtis Wiebe and Riley Rossmo’s Green Wake continues to be one of the creepiest, visually interesting and engaging comics on the stands. Issue 9 was no exception. From the very first splash page to the final emotional page, this issue was comics at its freaky no-idea-what’s-going-on best.

We learn a little more of about Green Wake, a little more about Micah and we're shown another sinister side to the strange purgatory that is

Green Wake. I dig this book. Every issue just blows my mind. The creepy goings on and the mysterious characters provide a symphony of powerful storytelling. Every time I think I’ve got it figured out, something even stranger happens and freaks me out all over again.

Rossmo’s art is visually spectacular. His messy lines, stylised shading and layered textures make for a glorious reading experience. I can imagine some people hating it, because it’s not really traditional comic art, But I love it. It captures the tone of the book perfectly and is powerful in emoting all the crazy, weird and freaky things the characters deal with. Green Wake is consistently one of my favourite books on the stands, and this issue continues it’s run of awesomeness.

No comments:

Post a Comment