Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Review: Avengers: X-Sanction #2

x-sanction2
Seeing Cable use his futuristic skill and knowledge to protect Hope is an endeavour worthwhile but I'm still a bit down that his revered death has been reversed (seemingly). The TO virus, implications with Stark and a gun-ho Avenger all get in his way, along with nostalgia and paternal instinct in an issue with spunky McGuiness art, and surprisingly, not too shabby a Loeb script.

I'd rest better had this been written by Yost, Kyle, Brubaker or Fraction but I can't have my cake and eat it too. Seeing Cable back disappoints

me, but it rings right given the terms of endearment that AvX is bringing, given that Hope, the Phoenix and Wanda Maximoff are all popping up with some poignant tune. Also, Simon Williams' antics seem to echo with his words here warning of Avenger malfeasance. It's not too keen of me to be hip and adamant to see Rulk (yes...I despise him) go up against Cable, but this soldier seems to be losing a personal infection of a battle, and with more revelations still to come, I guess I'll maintain the title, although it's dragging a bit too much. It's not spectacular but not a total waste at the same time. (7/10)

No comments:

Post a Comment