Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Review: Conan #2

images-1
I really enjoyed the first issue of Conan it was captivating on both levels Brian Wood obviously knows how to write Conan and Becky Cloonan on the art just makes the story all the more enthralling!

The first scene is lovely and very creepy showing the bold pirate captain Belt confronting Conan as he takes her and her crew on. I loved the art and the series has continued with a bold style, the story is told very visually and that opening scene mentioned just played like an old

horror movie without a word being said! The rest of the issue plays out with equally captivating art and is really enjoyable and worth buying on that factor alone!

But this isn’t just a book of pretty pictures and on the writing end Wood has created for us a sense of depth! Wood continues to add to a character that may seem one dimensional from an outsiders point of view, I myself expected dialogue along the lines of “Conan SMASH!” but once I started this series I realized that Conan is a character with depth and purpose within his world and Brian Wood does a great job representing that in his handling and writing of these characters and story.

I really liked the first issue and the second was just as enjoyable! I would suggest this to new readers and long time Conan fans. If you’re looking for a comic that has great art and an equally great story I would suggest adding “Conan the Barbarian” to your pull list, make your friends buy it too!
Pasted Graphic 3Pasted Graphic 4Pasted Graphic 5Pasted Graphic 6Pasted Graphic 7

No comments:

Post a Comment