Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Review: Witchblade... by Oliver de Guzman

Quite a shift in gear this issue. With the past few ones, we get to follow Sarah as she deals with the fallout of Chicago's uncontrolled magical explosion. This issue is actually a continuation of that idea...but the scope is grander in scale. Not sure if I actually like the story...perhaps not. It's the first issue of this run that didn't really captivate me as much as all the others have. It seems too generic. I have seen similar stories of the same nature played out before. The creative team needs to step it up in the coming issues to win me back.

The art, while still great, is confusing in some panels. All in all, an average issue. But it's the first in a new arc. So, I'm sure it'll bounce back.

No comments:

Post a Comment