Monday, November 14, 2011

Quick Review - Batman: Noel

51ABZY8CxtL._SS500_
I very much hate Batman. I just haven't been able to get into him. At the urging of the comic shop owner, I hesitantly gave this graphic novel a try. I am glad I did.
Noel is a tale that mirrors a Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens. Batman and his son are trying to capture the Joker. We'll see guest appearances from Superman and Catwoman, who play roles like that of ghosts of Christmas past. Lee Bermejo has woven an instant classic. His plot moves along at a brisk and perfect pace. Bermejo's artwork is fantastic as well, it sets the perfect setting for this story. The lettering goes along perfect with the setting, creating a "feel" throughout the entire book that really sets it apart from other comic titles. The thing that impressed me the most is that it reads like a superhero story without coming off as over the top. Fans of Batman or even those who, like me, heavily disliked him in the past should give this hardcover a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment