Thursday, September 8, 2011

DC New 52 Wave 1 reviews - Curtis

22560_720055700610_16919579_42339351_6066551_n
Curtis reviews the first wave of the DCnU!




DCU: My new comics, week two.

amcs1

Action Comics 1: Well, it's not All-Star Superman, and it'd be wrong of me to expect that. It does, possibly better than JL, introduce the concept well, and gives the story a much-less decompressed first issue. Superman's power-level is set, his character is given some motivation, as is that of Lex Luthor, and even the groundwork for the relationship with Lois is set. If you've never read a Superman comic before, this is a great place to start. I may talk about this more in depth later, but suffice it to say I'll be back for issue 2.




swt1
Swamp Thing 1: So, hold on. Do some of the heroes remember what happened, or is everything reset? I'm a little confused. This isn't a bad comic per se; but nothing really jumped out at me. I'll be skipping issue 2.








jli1
Justice League International 1: They've got a good team with some interesting dynamics--it's a little cookie-cutter, for sure (and I could do without Batman) but I'm going to give this at least one more chance to impress me.








anm1
Animal Man 1: The story is good, the art is good. Very solid comic.









stw1
Stormwatch 1: Admittedly I'm half onboard with this one because Apollo and Midnighter are one of my favorite comic book couples. It's a bit of a slow start, but it has some good moments. I'll be back for issue 2.

That's three out of five issue number 2s. Tune in next week folks.





No comments:

Post a Comment