2K and Firaxis Games announced Civilization: Beyond Earth last weekend at PAX East in Boston to a packed audience at the Firaxis Game Mega Panel. If you are interested, you can watch the full panel at the following link (which is currently scheduled to go live at 12pm PST/3pm EST today):
The panel features insights from Firaxis Games’ Will Miller and David McDonough (Lead Designers), Lena Brenk (Producer), and Anton Strenger (Gameplay Systems Designer), including:
- Fan reaction to the announcement and the first trailer, “A New Beginning"
- Why Firaxis chose to bring the Civilization series to space
- Will Miller’s thoughts on the inspirational “Earthrise” photograph, and what will inspire humanity to leave the planet to find a new home
- Breaking free of history and exploring the future of humanity via the non-linear technology web
- The new Quest system, giant sandworms, alien raptor bugs, machine consciousness and much more!